Lugs, Terminals, and Terminal Strips
Includes Binding Posts; Battery Clips; Stud Terminals; Test Clips.
Excludes Caps, Electrical; Clips, Electrical; and Contacts, Electrical.
Federal Supply Group:
FSG 59 Electrical and Electronic Equipment Components
Note-Mounting hardware, included in classes of this group, includes such specially designed items as brackets, holders, retainers, etc. Excluded from classes in this group are such hardware items as screws (Class 5305), bolts (Class 5306), studs (Class 5307), washers (Class 5310), rivets (Class 5320), and other common items indexed to specific classes, other than in Group 59. The FSC indexes and structure will govern the classification of items used on or with mounting hardware cited above.
Supply Items Included in Federal Supply Class 5940
- SPLICE,CONDUCTOR 4539 Items
- An item designed to expedite or simplify the connection of two or more electrical conductors without bringing them to a fixed point such as a binding post or terminal. It may have a separate tubular shaped piece of nonmetallic, flexible material designed to be slipped over the crimped first piece to seal the conductor joint through heat sealing.
- ADAPTER,BATTERY TERMINAL 423 Items
- An adapter constructed to accommodate electrically and physically a cable lug to a battery terminal whose physical design will not normally warrant their connection.
- ADAPTER,RADIO FREQUENCY CABLE 379 Items
- An adapter specifically designed to electrically connect two or more radio frequency cables, such as a CABLE ASSEMBLY, RADIO FREQUENCY or CABLE ASSEMBLY, RADIO FREQUENCY, BRANCHED; or one radio frequency cable and a PRINTED WIRING BOARD. It does not include cable(s) or items that provide mating facilities for joining to an electrical connector(s). For items designed to mate with another electrical connector(s), see ADAPTER (2), CONNECTOR and CONNECTOR (as modified). Excludes ADAPTER, WAVEGUIDE and FERRULE, METALLIC SHIELDED CABLE, GROUNDING.
- TERMINAL BOARD 32503 Items
- An item consisting of insulating material, which is specifically designed to have fastened thereon, or on which are fastened terminal(s), such as screws, solder lugs, solder studs, solderless connectors, clips, and the like. It is usually used for junctions or terminations of wire or cable assemblies. It does not include items as defined above with parts, such as resistors and capacitors mounted thereon. Do not use if a more specific name exists, such as FUSEHOLDER; HOLDER, RESISTOR; FANNING STRIP; CONTACT ASSEMBLY, ELECTRICAL; JACK ASSEMBLY, TIP; CHAMBER, CABLE TERMINAL; PANEL (2) (as modified); CONNECTOR (as modified). Excludes TERMINAL, STUD; TERMINAL, FEEDTHRU, INSULATED; POST, BINDING, ELECTRICAL; and CHASSIS, ELECTRICAL-ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT. For items having printed electrical conductor paths, see PRINTED WIRING BOARD.
- TERMINAL BOX 3971 Items
- An enclosure which includes, mounts and protects one or more terminals and/or terminal boards. It is designed for and may include a cover and such accessories as mounting hardware, brackets, locks, and conduit fittings. For boxes which include combinations of different electrical devices such as terminals and/or terminal boards, fuseholders, switches, jacks, circuit breakers, connectors and the like, see DISTRIBUTION BOX. For boxes which are designed to mount, but which do not include terminals and/or terminal boards, see JUNCTION BOX. Excludes TERMINAL BOARD ASSEMBLY. See also CHAMBER, CABLE TERMINAL; and INTERCONNECTING CABINET.
- COVER,TERMINAL BOARD 1840 Items
- A cover designed to protect electrical terminals against damage, shorting and/or grounding. May have provisions for the passage of wire or cable. Excludes SHIELD, TERMINAL and SHIELD, TERMINAL BOARD.
- COVER,TERMINAL BOX 498 Items
- TERMINAL,LUG 22395 Items
- A terminal designed to be affixed, usually at one end, to a post, stud, chassis, or the like for mounting. It has provisions for attachment of wire(s) or similar electrical conductor(s) in order to establish an electrical connection and could require the use of tool(s) for attachment of wire. For post like terminals, see TERMINAL STUD. Excludes CLIP, ELECTRICAL; TERMINAL, QUICK DISCONNECT and TERMINAL FEEDTHRU.
- SHIELD,BINDING POST 116 Items
- An item specifically designed to be placed around or mounted on a binding post for the purpose of preventing electrical or mechanical interference. May include mounting facilities and provide means for the passage of wire.
- POST,BINDING,ELECTRICAL 3316 Items
- A metallic postlike terminal, insulated or uninsulated, which is mounted on a board, chassis, panel, or other similar supporting surface. It is designed for frequent manual connections and disconnections of at least one electrical conductor, such as a wire, alligator clip, or spade lug. It may have additional tip jack features for the acceptance of banana plugs, phone tips, and the like. It may also have provisions for permanently attaching an electrical conductor(s). For items which require all electrical conductors to be permanently attached (soldered, crimped, and the like), see TERMINAL, STUD. See also JACK, TIP.
- TERMINAL,STUD 8242 Items
- A terminal, generally postlike, having an axial portion of its body designed for projecting through or into a panel, or the like, for mounting. Requires the use of tool(s) for attachment of wire. The conductor connection may be insulated from the mounting. Excludes TERMINAL, FEEDTHRU. See also TERMINAL, QUICK DISCONNECT and TERMINAL SET, QUICK DISCONNECT.
- FERRULE,ELECTRICAL CONDUCTOR 1353 Items
- An item of one piece construction designed to be permanently fastened to the end of an electrical wire or cable in order to facilitate the insertion of the conductor into devices such as clamps, splices, and terminals. It may also be used to water seal insulated wires. Excludes items designed to mate with a specific connector or jack. See also PLUG, TIP; and JACK TIP. Excludes FERRULE, METALLIC SHIELDED CABLE, GROUNDING. For items with other than cylindrical mating end, see TERMINAL, QUICK DISCONNECT.
- TERMINAL BOARD ASSEMBLY 900 Items
- Two or more terminal boards having a common mounting or mounted on each other.
- TERMINAL STRIP,GROUNDING 1666 Items
- A rigid metallic item of electrically conductive material. It is designed with terminal(s) and/or wire-accommodating holes on one end and facilities for connection to another conductive surface on the other end. For items without terminals or wire-accommodating facilities, see PLATE, ELECTRICAL GROUNDING; CONTACT STRIP, RADIO FREQUENCY GROUNDING; and STRIP, ELECTRICAL GROUNDING.
- SHIELD,TERMINAL 130 Items
- A metallic item specifically designed to inclose one or more TERMINAL (1) (as modified) which is not an integral part of the shield. It is designed to be attached to a component at a point where external electrical connections are made, and provides the means for attaching and/or completing the electrostatic shielding of an electrical system. It may have provisions for the passage of wire or cable and may include a cover. Excludes CHAMBER, CABLE TERMINAL; COVER, ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR; COVER, TERMINAL BOARD; SHIELD, ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR; and SHIELD, TERMINAL BOARD.
- SHIELD,TERMINAL BOARD 145 Items
- A metallic item specifically designed to inclose one or more TERMINAL BOARD which is not an integral part of the shield. It is designed to be attached to a component at a point where external electrical connections are made, and provides the means for attaching and/or completing the electrostatic shielding of an electrical system. It may have provisions for the passage of wire or cable and may include a cover. Excludes COVER, TERMINAL BOARD and SHIELD, TERMINAL.
- CONTACT STRIP,RADIO FREQUENCY GROUNDING 696 Items
- A semirigid metallic item of electrically conductive material designed for the specific purpose of grounding and/or bonding radio frequency equipment. It is normally attached to one item to give spring action to form a ground and/or bond with another item. Excludes TERMINAL STRIP, GROUNDING; CONTACT, ELECTRICAL; and STRIP, ELECTRICAL GROUNDING.
- TERMINAL JUNCTION BLOCK,SECTIONAL 2458 Items
- An electrical item with multiple socket contacts which may or may not be interconnected by bussing, to form one or more circuits. Item may be of feedback, feedthrough and/or terminating design and may afford a convenient method of interconnection. It may or may not include a sealing grommet. Sectional blocks are normally retained in a track or channel mounting. Excludes CHAMBER, CABLE TERMINAL; CONTACT ASSEMBLY, ELECTRICAL; INSERT, ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR; JUNTION BOX ; TERMINAL BOARD; and TERMINAL BOX.
- PARTS KIT,TERMINAL JUNCTION 57 Items
- A group of electrical items not having the same item name, but consisting of one or more insulated terminal junctions and a number of terminal fittings in each unit. The kit may include plug, end seal, and electrical connector(s).
- TERMINAL,FEEDTHRU 2607 Items
- A terminal designed to be mounted on a chassis or other partition, and having through connected wire mounting facilities. It may or may not be insulated. It is fabricated into a single item whose parts are not separable. For items whose parts are separable, see INSULATOR, FEEDTHRU.
- FERRULE,METALLIC SHIELDED CABLE,GROUNDING 741 Items
- An item of one or more piece construction designed to be affixed to the outer, or shielding, conductor of CABLE (as modified) to simplify grounding of the outer conductor and/or to anchor the cable to prevent fraying or slipping. For items used with other than shielded cable, see FERRULE, ELECTRICAL CONDUCTOR.
- MARKER STRIP,TERMINAL BOARD 1477 Items
- An item, generally of insulating material, designed to identify terminal position on terminal boards. Its thickness is small in comparison to its length and width. They can be printed to show terminal designations by numbers, letters, symbols, or any combination thereof. It may serve as insulation between terminal board and chassis. Excludes MARKER, IDENTIFICATION and PLATE, DESIGNATION.
- HOLDER,MARKER STRIP,TERMINAL BOARD 33 Items
- A holder designed to mount a MARKER STRIP, TERMINAL BOARD.
- COVER,TERMINAL 324 Items
- A cover specifically designed to enclose one or more TERMINAL (as modified) against damage, shorting and/or grounding. May have provisions for the passage of wire or cable. For covers designed to enclose or protect a terminal board, see COVER, TERMINAL BOARD. Excludes COVER, ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR; COVER, SWITCH TERMINAL; and COVER, TERMINAL BOX.
- SPLICE SET,QUICK DISCONNECT 122 Items
- A group of items consisting of mating terminals, or terminals with a joining device, designed to expedite or simplify the connection of two or more electrical wires without bringing them to a fixed point such as a binding post or terminal. It allows for simple, rapid separation of the spliced wires without the use of tools. May include an insulation sleeve. See also SPLICE, CONDUCTOR.
- TERMINAL,QUICK DISCONNECT 3398 Items
- A terminal which is a component of a TERMINAL SET, QUICK DISCONNECT or a SPLICE SET, QUICK DISCONNECT, and incorporates a means permitting its rapid engagement and disengagement, without the use of tools, to a mating part(s). It is designed either for attachment to a stud, post, chassis, or the like, or for permanent attachment to an electrical wire or cable. For items with cylindrical mating ends, see FERRULE, ELECTRICAL CONDUCTOR.
- TERMINAL SET,QUICK DISCONNECT 123 Items
- A group of items which, when combined, conform with the definition of TERMINAL, LUG or TERMINAL, STUD. It also provides the additional feature of allowing the conductor accommodation facility(ies) of the lug or stud to be simply and rapidly separated from the mounted (fixed) position of the lug or stud without the use of tools. See also TERMINAL, LUG and TERMINAL, STUD.
- TERMINAL,TAPER PIN,ELECTRICAL 139 Items
- TERMINAL,TAPER RECEPTACLE,ELECTRICAL 85 Items
- A female terminal having a formed tapered internal longitudinal center. It is designed for the entrance of a mating TERMINAL, TAPER PIN, ELECTRICAL. The receptacle is generally used for in-line connection. Excludes JACK, TIP; and TERMINAL STUD.
- TERMINAL SET,LUG 38 Items
- A collection of two or more TERMINAL,LUG having different characteristics. It may or may not include a CRIMPING TOOL,TERMINAL,HAND.
Stock Items with Pictures